History of Wild Rose
History of Wild Rose School of Creative Arts
Wild Rose School was built in 1912 as a two story, eight room school, one room for each of the first eight grades. Two houses had to be moved to the east side of Heliotrope Ave. to make room for the school. The palm tree in front of the school was standing in front of one of the houses. There was a large auditorium located in the center portion of the second floor. There was a beautiful mural of the mountains hanging on the back of the stage.
As a result of the 1933 Long Beach earthquake Wild Rose School had the top story removed. A new auditorium was built to the north of the building, which is now the library and computer lab. There were many additions and changes through the years, but the integrity of the wonderful old building was able to be saved.
Currently, Wild Rose is a K-5 school with an enrollment of approximately 400 students.